The next content area deals with payments. Here we’re looking at various payment gateways that are implemented out of the box, how payment data is stored, different channels on how to get to the payment methods, recurring payments, and some payment concepts.
1. What are the different payment types available in Magento EE v 1.13?
I didn’t have a copy of 1.13 easily available, but here’s what in 220.127.116.11.
- Merchant Location
- PayPal All-in-One Payment Solutions
- Paypal Payment Gateways
- Paypal Express Checkout
- Payment Bridge
- Ogone Direct Link
- PSi Gate
- Sage Pay Direct
- Saved CC
- Cash ON Delivery Payment
- Check / Money Order
- Zero Subtotal Checkout
- Bank Transfer Payment
- Purchase Order
- Authorize.net Direct Post
- First Data Global Gateway Web Service API
- Paybox Direct
- eWAY Direct
- Cybersource (SOAP Toolkit)
- Payone Direct Debit
- DIBS Payment Services
2. What is Magento Secure Payment Bridge?
Magento Secure Payment Bridge is a PA-DSS certified payment application that helps merchants meet PCI compliance. Magento Secure Payment Bridge is included with a subscription to Magento Enterprise Edition, and is installed separately. Magento Secure Payment Bridge is a perfect way to keep all customer-to-merchant information interchange working via a separate PA-DSS compliant application, eliminating the need to make your Magento installation itself PA-DSS compliant. This enables you to make updates with new marketing, merchandising and content management features to the core Magento eCommerce application without having to go through PCI compliance reassessment of the entire Magento eCommerce platform.
— Magento Enterprise User Guide page 855
3. Does Magento save credit card numbers in the database when the Authorize.Net payment method is used?
No, Magento never stores credit card numbers in the database. The card will be authorized and the returned authorization token will be stored in the database.
4. For what product types can the Magento Recurring Profile be enabled?
The Recurring Profile tab appears by default for simple and virtual products. However you
can configure it to become available for other product types by changing the Apply To
property of the recurring_profile attribute. To learn more about recurring profiles, see:
Working with Recurring Profiles in the knowledge base.
— Magento Enterprise User Guide page 265
5. Where can the PayPal Express payment method be used on a Magento site (on which pages)?
With PayPal Express Checkout enabled, the “Check out with PayPal” button appears on the product page, and in the shopping cart and mini shopping cart
6. What is the difference between the Authorize Only and Authorize and Capture payment actions?
There are some legal issues around this — in some locations an order may only be charged when the items have been shipped, so an