The second area of study focuses on Magento Architecture. This is relatively important and will comprise about 30% of the test questions. The main focus is on understanding the Magento framework, some PHP concepts, MVC architecture, what features would require custom code and what functionality is baked into Magneto.
From what I understand, this is not a developer-level test, so concepts are most likely going to be more important that implementation details.
1. What are the unique advantages of Magento MVC architecture when building a site?
MVC is a very useful design pattern to use as it allows the look and feel to be changed (the
2. What are the two methods available in the Magento Admin (in the System Section) to change the design of a site?
The first option to change them in the admin section is at
The second option is located under the Design section.
3. How can you change the layout of catalog pages using Magento Admin functionality?
Products and categories can also have custom designs associated with them. These options are located under the Design tab on the selections.
4. How is product data constructed in Magento (product attributes, inventory, price, images, etc.)?
Product information is stored as
5. When does product inventory change (decrease) during the ordering process? How can an administrator control the inventory change?
If Stock Management is on, stock is decreased when an order is placed. If you want to use Stock Management without automatically decreasing stock you can change the option at
6.What is RMA in Magento and what are the RMA types?
RMA stands for